1. DATA WE MAY COLLECT
We may collect and process the following data about you: • Personal data including, for example, your name, e-mail address, password, and in certain instances, telephone number, data about your usage of the Products and data collected by tracking technologies as further described in section 4 below that may identify you as an individual or allow online contact with you as an individual.
• AkasaFit does not collect or process credit or debit card (“Payment Card”) data. Our payment processor collects Payment Card data with respect to purchases made through the Websites. Such payment processors generally provide us with some limited data related to you, such as a unique, anonymous token that enables you to make additional purchases using the data they’ve stored, and your card’s type, expiration date, billing address, and the last four digits of your card number.
• For individuals using the Products in connection with a Community client account as described in section 6, business data such as your company name, and company email address to the extent that you or your Community provides such data.
• Facebook profile information, such as name, email address, and Facebook ID, if you choose to log in to the Products through Facebook.
• Device information such as operating system version, device type, and system performance data.
• Data collected via tracking technologies, as fully described in section 4.
• If you choose to invite a “Buddy” to use the Products using our Buddy system, we will ask you for their name and email address. We will use this data to invite him or her to join the Products. We store this data for the sole purpose of sending invitations and tracking the success of our Buddy program. If your Buddy would like us to delete his or her data, they can do so by opting-out as described in each invitation or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY
The security of your personal data is important to us. We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal data submitted to us, both during transmission and once it is received. If you have any questions about the security of your personal data, you can contact us at email@example.com. Except as described under the “Disclosure of Your Data” section below, we do not provide your personal data to any third party without your specific consent, as defined by applicable law.
3. NEWSLETTERS OR OTHER ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS
If you sign up to receive promotional materials from us via email and/or (push notifications) we will use the data you give us to provide the communications you have requested. If you inform us that you wish to cancel email promotional materials by selecting “unsubscribe” at the bottom of such communication or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, we will remove you from our mailing list. If you no longer wish to receive push notifications, you may turn them off at the device level.
If you provide your phone number to us directly or through a third-party for the specific purpose of receiving an SMS message with a link to our Website, you will receive such SMS message (the “SMS Service”). Standard text message rates will apply.
4. TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
AkasaFit and our analytics partners use technologies such as cookies, beacons, tags, and scripts to enable a service to recognize your device so you don't have to provide the same data several times during one task, to recognize that you may have already given a username and password so you don't need to do it for every web page requested, and to measure how people are using the Products.
We use local storage, such as HTML5, to store content data and preferences. Third parties with whom we partner to provide certain features on the Products also use HTML5 to collect and store data. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5.
Our third party partners, such as Facebook and Google, to manage our advertising of the Products on other sites or platforms as well as across your other devices based on your past visits to our Website. Our third party partners may use technologies such as cookies to gather data about your activities within the Products to deliver such advertising to you, such as retargeting ads. We are not always able to respond to do-not-track signals. For more data about interest-based ads, including how to opt-out of having your web-browsing data used for behavioral advertising purposes, please visit www.aboutads.info/choices. Please note that this does not opt you out of being served ads. You may continue to receive generic ads on these third party platforms. You may also opt out of receiving ads across devices by adjusting your ad preference in your Google account.
We use third party trackers to let us know when users have visited the Products by “clicking-through” our sponsored advertising or content hosted on third party platforms. The Products use Google Analytics code to gather statistical data. Google Analytics sets cookies to help us accurately estimate the number of visitors to the Products and the volumes of usage of the Products. This is done to ensure that the Products are available when you want them and are fast. For more data on how Google Analytics processes this data, visit www.google.com/analytics.
We will acquire consent from you in order to use such trackers to the extent required by applicable law.
5. WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All data you provide to us through the Products is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology; all payment data is stored with our payment processor and is never stored on Headspace’s servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Products, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone, and suggest that your change your password frequently.
Unfortunately, the transmission of data via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Products; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your data, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
6. SINGLE SIGN-ON
You may be able to log-in to our Products using sign-in services such as Facebook Connect or an Open ID provider. These services will authenticate your identity, provide you the option to share certain personal data (such as your name and email address) with us, and to pre-populate our sign-up form. Services like Facebook Connect give you to the option to post data about your activities on our Products or to your profile page to share with others within your network.
7. USES MADE OF THE DATA
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To provide you with the Products.
- To answer your questions or requests for information or handle your complaints.
- To ensure that content provided by the Products is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or other device.
- To provide you with promotional communications, such as email, to the extent that you have provided consent to receive such communications under applicable law.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any agreements entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of the Products, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about updates or changes to Product features and content.
- To understand your broad, non-specific geographic location to help us identify groups of users by general geographic market (such as zip code, state or country).
- To account for applicable sales taxes based on zip codes provided to our payment processors for purchases made through the Website.
- To inform your Community about your registration and use of the Products as described under Corporate and Other Community Sharing in section 6 above.
- To serve our advertisements to you through third party platforms, such as Facebook or Google, on other sites and apps or across your devices, to the extent that you have provided consent for such uses under applicable law.
- To provide you with the SMS Service to the extent that you have provided consent for such practices under applicable law.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- To manage your payments and orders.
- If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or in-Product communication) with information about products and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you, except if you opt-out to such communications.
8. LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES
The Products may, from time to time, contain links to and from the Products of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these external websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these websites or their policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these external websites.
9. SOCIAL MEDIA WIDGETS
Our Products include social media features, such as the Facebook Like button, and widgets, such as the “Share This” button, or interactive mini-programs. These features may collect your Internet protocol address, which page you are visiting on or Products, and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly. Social media features and widgets are hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our Products. Your interactions with these features are governed by the privacy statement of the company providing it.
10. USE OF AKASAFIT BY MINORS
You must be 18 years of age, or the age of majority in your province, territory or country, to sign up as a registered user of the Products. Individuals under the age of 18, or the applicable age of majority, may utilize the Products only with the involvement and consent of a parent or legal guardian, under such person's account.
If you have any questions or comments about this Policy, please contact us using the following contact information:
M-13A-01, M Tower Empire City Damansara,
Jalan PJU 8/3a, Damansara Perdana,
47820 Petaling Jaya,
Last Updated: October 2nd, 2020